about     photos     itsan     facebook

Monday, 24 August 2015

LDN 1 week update

Started LDN 1 week ago today, *yay*. I actually upped my dose after the first night after doing some reading around about LDN. For most, 1mg is actually still considered a very low dose and as I had had no trouble with the 0.5mg my first night I decided to throw caution to the wind and took 1mg from then on.

My plan is to stay here at 1mg nightly for another week, then go up to 1.5mg nightly. 1 week is really no time at all in terms of seeing effects so there isnt too much to report.

Here's what I have noticed...

  • Vivid dreams - a very common one among LDN users, and I don't want to use the word 'side effect' because I don't really see this as a bad thing. Theyre not nightmares, just very vivid dreams. Dreams in technicolour that start the minute I drift off to sleep and stop the second I open my eyes. I actually quite like this! I used to lucid dream a lot but haven't been able to do so in the past year or so this is a very welcome change.
  • Sleep changes - I really don't want to attribute this to LDN because my sleep has always been very messed up. It takes me a while to drift off to sleep and when I do I usually wake up every 2 or 3 hours. This is the same now on LDN. So I don't think it is the LDN causing my sleep problems, they exist anyway. However what I have noticed is that even though I aren't getting much sleep, I feel much more rested than I usually would. The amount of sleep I'm getting has not changed but I feel as though the quality of my sleep has.
  • Skin - again, I don't want to say what is happening with my skin has anything at all to do with LDN because I don't think I've given it enough time and I don't think my dose is high enough yet to make any real difference. 

What I will say is that for the past couple of weeks I have been in a really horrific flare. Almost as bad as the beginning, which is very disheartening considering I am still taking 200mg of ciclosporin daily. I am coming out the other side of the flare now, thankfully. I will post some pictures later this week, I'm hoping this break lasts long enough that I can get some nice ones to compare to the horrible ones.  It has been really difficult. Crying in the shower, scratch fests in the toilets at work, the lot. Horrible :(

I think, as usual, what started to turn things around was swimming in the sea on Saturday. I use the word 'swimming' loosely as what it basically involved was me getting into the water, neck-deep and holding my boyfriend's hand whilst i cried and (inwardly) screamed in pain (i was polite enough not to scream out loud for fear the coastguard would come and take me away). Anyway the pain was worth it because the very same day I  started to feel much better.

Then, yesterday I took a shower and applied Cerave cream as a bodywash in the shower. I can't really use moisturiser when my skin is dry but it can tolerate it pretty well when it is wet.

A couple of things I ordered online arrived today which are going to be super helpful for me too...
I ordered a huge pink plastic tub that I can bathe in, not having a bath was killing me! Especially when it gets too cold to swim in the sea. I also ordered more probiotics, benotite clay, coconut oil and dead sea salt! So I'm all stocked up.

Anyway, sorry for the essay! Seemed I had a lot I wanted to get down once I started writing. I'll update with some photos this week and then again next week for a Week 2 LDN update

Happy healing!
S x


  1. Wishing you all the best with this!! Sending healing prayers across the world to you xox